Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Bars

Every once in a while I make something that I am really proud of!  Well, ok, I'm proud of all my recipes, but of course, some more than others.  These yummy bars are definitely one of my new favorites!

Did you know that sesame seeds are a good source of calcium?  We all know how important calcium is for healthy bones, right?  With 1/2 cup of sesame seeds, these bars are a great calcium boost!


Pumpkin Bars

2 cups organic quick oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup oat bran
1/3 cup honey
2 free range eggs
1/2 cup pumpkin puree

Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F and grease a baking pan with butter (use one 8 x 8 pan or two 4 x 8's).
Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.  Mix all the wet ingredients and blend with a mixer.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.  Bake for 40 minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment